The General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) is gearing up for additional changes in the federal procurement landscape. The recent post on the Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) GSA Interact community titled “Advanced Notice for MAS Refresh 18 and Upcoming Mass Modification – Updated 11/29/23” reveals crucial updates that will impact existing and future contracts.
MAS Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001 – Refresh # 18 and Mass Modification Overview:
Scheduled for release in December 2023, GSA plans to issue the MAS Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001 – Refresh # 18 along with a mass modification applicable to all existing contracts. This move is part of GSA’s commitment to keeping the procurement process current and aligned with industry standards.
Contractors should take note that the mass modification reflecting the changes introduced with Refresh 18 must be accepted within 90 days of its issuance. Failure to adhere to this timeline could result in repercussions, such as the loss of access to GSA eTools or even the cancellation of the contract.
Key Changes Associated with Refresh 18:
A: Changes to Overall MAS Solicitation:
- Various revisions to SCP-FSS-001 Instructions Applicable to All Offerors
- Revision of I-FSS-639 Contract Sales Criteria
- Implementation of the Federal Acquisition Supply Chain Security Act (FASCSA) Orders
- Clarification of MAS Sustainability Language under Section III A
- Update of the Mandatory Attachment for MAS Joint Ventures (JV)
- Incorporation of clause and provision updates through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2023-06 and GSAR Change 171
- Various changes to the Offer Price Proposal Templates (PPTs)
B: Changes to Specific Large Category, Subcategory, or SIN:
- Office Management (A):
- Document Services (A3): Various revisions to SIN 518210DC – Document Conversion Services
- Records Management (A11): Various revisions to SIN 518210ERM – Electronic Records Management Solutions
- Miscellaneous (G):
- Apparel (G5): Revision of SIN 339113PA Protective Apparel to add a new subgroup
- Complementary SINs (G6): Revision of SIN OLM Order-Level Materials to add Transportation of Things (K5) to the list of OLM eligible subcategories
Upcoming Webinar – Save the Date!
GSA FAS invites all stakeholders to attend a public webinar on Friday, November 17, 2023. The session will provide insights into the upcoming changes to MAS Solicitation 47QSMD20R0001 and the associated mass modification. While the webinar will be in a listen-only format, participants can engage by asking questions via the chat feature.
- Date: Friday, November 17, 2023
- Time: 1 – 2 p.m. EST
- Join via Zoom: Zoom link
Engage in the Conversation:
This blog post is an open invitation for contractors and industry stakeholders to voice their opinions and seek clarification. Comments, questions, and feedback can be submitted within the “Comments” section of the official post on the GSA Interact community here. Please note that comments must be submitted within ten (10) business days of the posting for consideration.
GSA FAS emphasizes the importance of industry engagement and values the input of stakeholders. This advance notice serves as a courtesy to the industry, allowing for a transparent and collaborative approach to the evolution of the MAS. As the changes unfold, interested parties are encouraged to stay involved by reviewing the final version of the solicitation refresh or mass modification for any adjustments made based on industry feedback.